I have this bad habit of thinking all or nothing about everything in life. I blame that train of thought for many of my missteps in my life. A perfect example is today's work out. I pulled out my Nike+ and plugged it in just to take if for a test drive to ensure it was still working. The little sensor is something that stops working after so a while and needs to be replaced. Since it had been several months since I used it (Team And Training won't allow you to use an iPod while working out with them, it's a safety thing) I had to make sure it worked.
It worked fine but I wanted to test it out on the treadmill and so I hopped on and then got some sort of strange need to run. As I increased my speed I was feeling pretty jazzed because it's really been a while since I put much effort into working out. And then I hit a wall. Three minutes into my work out a big brick wall (also known as my ex-smokers lungs) flew up in front of me and threw off my stride. I picked myself up but the whole while I was thinking, "Screw this, I am not about to post this lame excuse for an exercise on my blog."
Before I knew it my lungs were back to normal and I felt the urge to push myself again. I pushed and ran until that freakin' wall stopped me again. This time it was the wall of shame. "Who are you kidding? You are not a runner, just give up and walk the rest of the way, and then tell everyone you were just giving the Nike+ a test drive." OMG. Just because my milage is not what it used to be, and my pace is slow for the short distance I went I want to come up with excuses. Because I am not as perfect as I expect myself to be.
GUESS WHAT!!! I am not perfect! You hear that Gina, you're not perfect! Be happy you got off your ass today and even ran at all!!!!!!! My fitness goal for today is actually to do a pilates dvd I have. I still have time as the day is young.
1 comment:
Good for you! And what's a Nike+? What does it do? I understand why they won't let you use the iPod, but I don't know if I could do such a thing without a musical beat.
Post a Comment